Sunday, April 29, 2012

Plein Air at Van Dusen Gardens

Here are my brave band of students from the workshop I did on Saturday. We had rain off and on and not one person complained. Thank you, Alfonso for finding us a couple of tents- you saved the day.

Like me, most of the folks are just getting started at plien air. My tips, for them and anyone else that is new to outdoor painting, are to keep it very simple, look for good value above color and start with a thumbnail sketch to plan your composition.

It was very fun to spend the day painting with the group. Van Dusen Gardens put on 4 Saturday workshops each spring, as part of the Cherry Blossom Festival. There's a different instructor each week. Mine was the final one for this year.

Next weekend it's "Rocks, Trees and Water in acrylics" in West Vancouver. Details on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment