Saturday, March 9, 2013

Great Blue

                                             Great Blue  24 x 36" acrylic

This is the second painting I've done from this photo. I did a 20 x 30" version last fall and then clients from one of my galleries wanted a bigger version. They also wanted more detail and a bit different colours. I was a little more restrained with the colours than in the first version and spent more time polishing details. Coming off of the pine tree painting, it was a pretty easy transition and I enjoyed painting this guy.

It's been an interesting few days in the studio. I'm still working on several pieces at once. In my quest for more subtle colour, I decided to repaint the sky in a finished piece that hadn't left the studio. Sad to report that I have now made the painting much worse. I will leave it for a few days and then have another go. Sigh........

The biggest of the current pieces is a 40 x 30" river piece. I am very excited about it and happy with the way it's coming along. However, I'm not out of the woods yet so hopefully will not go sideways on this one too. I'll post it in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment