Friday, March 25, 2011


This is actually only my second lighthouse painting- amazing to have painted for 25 years in BC and not have painted more lighthouses. The reference photo was taken from the ferry on the way to Victoria. My reference was murky and gray and I had to use the zoom on my camera, plus crop the photo quite a bit. Still, the 'bones' of the image were good and I enjoyed playing with color interpretations. In my ongoing battle with skies, I think this one turned out pretty well, although I really worked hard to get it.
"Portlock Point Lighthouse" 18 x 36" acrylic

This weekend, [March 26 & 27] , I will be painting in the Birthplace of BC gallery here in Fort Langley- Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Drop in and say hi if you're in the area.

Also, for those looking for an acrylic workshop, my next one is in West Vancouver on April 16th & 17th. Called " the Elements of Landscape", it's an intermediate level workshop. More info can be found on my website and I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the class- just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment