Sunday, June 5, 2011

Here's few pictures from last weekend's event at Painters Lodge in Campbell River. Me with my friend Sue, expressing my opinion on the chocolate dipped strawberries, me with Arthur Vickers, checking out the texture of each other's hair- his feels like a hedgehog!, and me painting in the tent.

The main event was eating, followed by goofing around and yes, I did do a little painting.

In all seriousness, we had a wonderful time , as usual and I think the caliber of art there was even stronger than previous years. We are over 30 artists in residence now. Chief Tony Hunt was the chosen one for this year and he was a great addition to the group.

Every time I go to Painters, I come away with the understanding of how important it is for we creative folk to have time together. To see what everyone is doing, to talk about ideas, to talk about the struggles and the triumphs, to laugh together- this is all like gold to me. Next week I'm going to spend a couple of days in Whistler, painting with a group of my students- it should be more of the same good stuff.

Yesterday the sun came out and it was glorious. I spent the entire day outdoors- mostly working in the garden. I had hoped for a little studio time too but didn't make it that far. I have a new piece on the easel that is close to finished. I'll be posting it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment