Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lots going on right now. I did a very enjoyable 2 day workshop on Gabriola Island about a week ago- I had a wonderful group of people to work with and I love the natural beauty of the island.

The Vancouver classes are in full swing. We only have 2 more classes after this week so it has gone by in a blur. I do a south Granville gallery crawl with my intermediate class on the final day, then we all go out for lunch together- it's one of my favourite days. Each time we do it, I'm reminded of how important it is to get out to galleries and see what other artists are doing.

This weekend I'm hosting a workshop with Gaye Adams in my home studio. This is the first one so I'm very excited and looking forward to learning lots about daily oil painting from Gaye.

Painting-wise, I'm working on a big commission for a Vancouver client. It's an image of the harbour from Jericho beach. 30 x 48 " oil. I will post it when it's done. Then I need to get busy and do some new pieces for each of my galleries for the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment