Saturday, March 10, 2012

Beginning new river painting


I've had the uncropped version of the photo for this painting for a couple of years. I was browsing through my files, looking for something new to paint when I found it and started playing around with cropping. What a difference. I really love this image now- the criss cross of the logs and the way the river twists under them. This is the painting just a few hours in, but I'm excited about it so far. The dimensions are 18 x 36.

Tomorrow we go to the annual Board of Governors meeting at the Federation of Canadian Artists . We will be jurying applicants for signature membership. All the applicants have worked hard to get through the pre-application requirements- I wish the best of luck to them all. There will a show at the Federation Gallery opening next week, featuring the successful artists. Check it out if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment