Thursday, October 23, 2014

Winter Pine


"Winter Pine" 24 x 30" acrylic

I have been away from the blog for quite some time. Our life is filled with real estate stress right now as we are selling our current house, and have purchased a new house. We're only moving a few blocks away but have downsized on the garden space by buying a large townhouse. Plenty of studio space for Alan and me, but very little upkeep. We are excited to start a new chapter of our lives but right now there are a lot of distractions.

Painting has been a lovely distraction so I have managed to produce a few new pieces. I painted the tree in this new piece once before in oils. My plan was to start it in acrylics and finish in oils, but I ended up seeing it through in acrylics. Instead of blending the sky, I used chippy brushstrokes to make the subtle transitions. The painting will go to the Adele Campbell Gallery in Whistler for their annual "Spirit of Winter" show.

I have a couple of events coming up soon. This weekend, we are in White Rock for the annual International Artist's Day festival. It's held at the White Rock community centre and goes Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday. I will be doing an artists talk on "What Jurors Look for"on Saturday from 11:30 to 12:00.

I also have my last workshop of the year happening at the Steveston Hotel in Richmond on November 1st and 2nd. It's intermediate level acrylics and details are on the Federation of Canadian Artists website- www.artists.ca, under "education". Contact me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment