Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Painting Big

                                   

This place is about 7 minutes from my house. I spent a beautiful afternoon painting plien air there a week ago. I took a few shots with my phone and one photo led to this 36 x 48" painting. I love painting big- have resolved to do a few more large scale pieces soon. It feels like being there when I'm working on a big piece.

This will be the final major painting that I'm taking to Calgary for the Stampede Art show. I might get a few more little ones done before I go. I'm getting excited, looking forward to being there again. The camaraderie with the other artists and the chance to talk to people about my work are my favourite things about the experience. It does feel like a marathon at times and the days are very long, but I feel blessed to be able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment