Sunday, February 11, 2018

Flowers


These two 16 x 16" paintings are my most recent. I'm in a phase of wanting to work with no restriction and so they were mostly painted out of my head. I'm enjoying the colours and the brushwork and letting the paint do much of the work. I have had several other pieces that I couldn't resolve- that's the danger of working intuitively. It's ok and I'm learning more with each piece. There's a bigger one on the easel now, which may or may not work. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. hi janice:)
    brian & i still love to follow your work all these years later..."butchard gardens" & the "wheelbarrow of flowers" are hung in our living room & kitchen...also love seeing your distinctive works in many of the movies we watch that were filmed in the Fort...hope all is well, best regards, Dorit

    ReplyDelete